All of our MSc programmes require a good Bachelor's degree. This usually means a UK 2.1 or above, or the equivalent from an overseas institution. Some MSc programmes require previous study in particular subjects - you can find out more on the individual course pages.
If you are currently studying, you should provide:
- An interim transcript showing your marks achieved to date
- A list of modules that you are undertaking in your final year of study (if these are not listed on your degree transcripts).
It is essential that all students have an excellent command of English as we welcome students from around 100 different nations to study with us here at Cass. In order to participate fully in the collaborative learning process all students who have not previously studied in English must sit an IELTS exam.
Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTS we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for student that require a CAS as of April 2014.
The minimum required IELTS level is an average of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and no less than 6.0 in any other section. Please note for MSc Marketing a minimum of 6.5 in all sections is required.
Please send us a copy of your IELTS report so we can verify this online. Please note City University London accepts IELTS tests taken at test centres that are not included on UKVI's SELT list.
The required PTE score is at least 66.
If you are not a native English speaker but have been studying in the UK for the last three years it is unlikely you will need to take the test. Please submit a copy of your most recent English language test/qualification along with your application and a decision will be made by the Admissions Panel.
If you have done a 2+2 degree with two years in the UK you will be required to provide IELTS scores and possibly to re-sit the test to meet our academic entry requirements.
The UK Border Agency requires proof of English proficiency from all incoming students on a Tier 4 Visa EXCEPT those who are nationals of a majority English-speaking country OR those who have successfully completed an academic qualification, at least equivalent to a UK bachelor's degree, which was taught in a majority English-speaking country*:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Kitts and Nevis
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
This is in addition to all academic requirements on any offer made by Cass.
More information on the visa application process is available from The UK Visas and Immigration
Two references are required.
- One reference from a tutor who taught you at university level
- One reference from a current or recent employer or supervisor
- If you have no work experience or cannot get a reference from a professional, we can accept two academic references
- Professional qualification holders who do not have a first degree should arrange two employer references, preferably from different employers.
Please note that references from fellow students, family and friends are not acceptable.
A request for reference and the reference form will be sent automatically to the referees email addresses supplied by you on the application form. Please check with your referees that they are willing to provide you with the reference before stating their details on the application form. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that the Admissions Office receives references on time. The Admissions Office is not responsible for chasing or contacting referees on behalf of the applicant.
- References may be emailed by the referees from their academic or professional email address. If we are unable to verify the email address we will ask for an original reference to be sent to us by post
- References sent by post should be sealed, signed across the seal and the signature covered with clear tape to ensure confidentiality. This should be returned directly to Cass (post to: Cass Business School, 106 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8TZ, UK) or hand it back to yourself to forward to us. Please do not open the envelopes or try to send us scanned references - we will not be able to accept them.
Please note we cannot accept faxed references, or references emailed by applicants or agents.
Please note failure to provide references cannot be accepted as a valid reason for refund of your deposit.
We highly recommend GMAT for applications to all our Finance-related courses, in particular the MSc in Finance. It is also recommended for MSc Management. It could strengthen your application and will be a useful qualification to add to your CV when entering the work place following your postgraduate studies.
- A well-balanced score over 600 with all sections marked at a minimum of 50%
- Students who do not submit a GMAT with their application may be asked to sit the GMAT and achieve a score above a specified threshold as a condition of entry at the discretion of the Admissions Panel.
You will need to add the MSc programme at Cass Business School to your list of institutions so we can access your score results online.
Please send us a copy of your GMAT report so we can verify this online as we no longer receive paper copies by post. You will have to list Cass as an institution able to access your results. Our GMAT code is 2C2-R0-84.
Further information about GMAT, registration, fees and testing sites is available from www.gmac.com
Work experience is not a requirement for our full-time courses (with the exception of MSc/MA/MInnov Innovation, Creativity and Leadership), but please provide details of relevant experience that might enhance your profile. This information should be included in your CV. For more information, please consult the individual courses' entry requirements.