All of our MSc programmes require a good Bachelor's degree. This usually means a UK 2.1 or above, or the equivalent from an overseas institution. Some MSc programmes require previous study in particular subjects - you can find out more on the individual course pages.
If you are currently studying, you should provide:
- An interim transcript showing your marks achieved to date
- A list of modules that you are undertaking in your final year of study (if these are not listed on your degree transcripts).
It is essential that all students have an excellent command of English as we welcome students from around 100 different nations to study with us here at Cass. In order to participate fully in the collaborative learning process all students who have not previously studied in English must sit an IELTS exam.
The required IELTS level is an average of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing.
Please send us a paper copy of your IELTS report so we can verify this online.
If you are not a native English speaker but have been studying in the UK for the last three years it is unlikely you will need to take the test. Please submit a copy of your most recent English language test/qualification along with your application and a decision will be made by the Admissions Panel.
If you have done a 2+2 degree with two years in the UK you will be required to provide IELTS scores and possibly to re-sit the test to meet our academic entry requirements.
Two references are required.
- One reference from a tutor who taught you at university level
- One reference from a current or recent employer or supervisor
- If you have no work experience or cannot get a reference from a professional, we can accept two academic references
- Professional qualification holders who do not have a first degree should arrange two employer references, preferably from different employers.
Please note that references from fellow students, family and friends are not acceptable.
A request for reference and the reference form will be sent automatically to the referees email addresses supplied by you on the application form. Please check with your referees that they are willing to provide you with the reference before stating their details on the application form. It is the applicant's responsibility to make sure that the Admissions Office receives references on time. The Admissions Office is not responsible for chasing or contacting referees on behalf of the applicant.
- References may be emailed by the referees from their academic or professional email address. If we are unable to verify the email address we will ask for an original reference to be sent to us by post
- References sent by post should be sealed, signed across the seal and the signature covered with clear tape to ensure confidentiality. This should be returned directly to Cass (post to: Cass Business School, 106 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8TZ, UK) or hand it back to yourself to forward to us. Please do not open the envelopes or try to send us scanned references - we will not be able to accept them.
If you wish to download the reference form to pass on to your referees directly you can do so here. This form is just a guide and referees can write references in their own format if they wish.
Please note we cannot accept faxed references, or references emailed by applicants or agents.
Please note failure to provide references cannot be accepted as a valid reason for refund of your deposit.
We highly recommend GMAT for applications to all our Finance-related courses, in particular the MSc in Finance, and also the MSc Management. It will greatly strengthen your application and will be a useful qualification to add to your CV when entering the work place following your postgraduate studies.
- A well-balanced score over 600 with all sections marked at a minimum of 50%
- Students who do not submit a GMAT with their application may be asked to sit the GMAT and achieve a score above a specified threshold as a condition of entry.
You will need to add the MSc programme at Cass Business School to your list of institutions so we can access your score results online.
Please send us a paper copy of your GMAT report so we can verify this online as we no longer receive paper copies by post.
Please note the Admissions Panel may request the GMAT as a condition of an offer for MSc Finance or MSc Management. This is at their discretion.
Further information about GMAT, registration, fees and testing sites is available from www.gmac.com
Our GMAT code is 2C2-R0-84
Take a free GMAT practice test
You can take our free online practice GMAT test to help you prepare. Not compatible with Internet Explorer Version 8 or lower.
Work experience is not a requirement for our full-time courses, but please provide details of relevant experience that might enhance your profile. This information should be included in your CV.