Cass offers five postgraduate courses dedicated to charity effectiveness. We are the only business school in Europe to offer such a diverse range of professional charity and not-for-profit courses. These are:
- PgDip/ MSc Voluntary Sector Management
- PgDip/ MSc Charity Accounting and Financial Management
- PgDip/ MSc Charity Marketing and Fundraising
- PgCert/PgDip/MSc Grantmaking, Philanthropy & Social Investment
- PgDip/MSc in NGO Management
If you are interested in one of the courses, please talk to members of the academic team at one of their information sessions. All information sessions take place on Campus, please scroll until you find the Charities programme courses before completing the form.
Real world training for committed managers
As well as their speciality subject areas, all five courses equip you with academically robust methods applicable to the real world of fund raising, policy development, resource management, strategy diversity and governance. Courses are taught wholly by leading practitioners in the field and all teaching is underpinned by the following criteria:
- How does this relate to the development of general management and leadership skills
- How can this be practically applied using real-world case studies and role play
- How do the various disciplines within voluntary and community organisations inter-relate?
Alongside you on the course will be like-minded peers from a wide variety of backgrounds. This leads to stimulating interaction through debate and the sharing of skills, knowledge and experiences.
Students can work towards the Postgraduate Diploma then move on to the Masters degree, with all teaching occurring on a single Friday and Saturday each month. This flexible approach enables you to maintain a balance between your professional and private lives while gaining a recognised postgraduate qualification.
Cass CCE programmes also enable you to:
- Study whilst working full-time
- Enrol even if you are outside London
- Enjoy a wide range of learning methods
- Experience a business school with a worldwide reputation
- Apply without a first degree provided you have significant experience
- Engage with world-class faculty and visiting speakers
- Network with peers from across the voluntary and community sectors.
Comments about the programme
"The Masters in Voluntary Sector Management provides the practical tools to make leading a charity in the 21st century a fun, effective and rigorous vocation. It also offers sufficient theoretical depth to test and challenge your thinking whilst giving scope for reflecting on ways to improve both your own and your organisation's practice. The opportunity to shadow a chief executive is particularly useful with potentially life changing consequences!"
Martin Houghton-Brown, Yorkshire and Humber Regional Forum
"The Voluntary Sector Management course left me in a permanent state of enlightenment! Not only has this course enabled me to develop as a leader, but more importantly it has enabled my organisation to become more effective and have a consistently more positive impact on our service users and volunteers. I became CEO of my organisation during the course and I don't believe I would have had the confidence or the tools to even apply without the learning and greater understanding the course has given me."
Steve Allman, Out & About
"The part-time Masters in Charity Marketing and Fundraising has been a great help to my work. Cass staff were fantastic: part-timers got exactly the same support as those on full-time pathways. The course increased my confidence, and I can now write more focused and succinct reports. I learnt a great deal of theory, which has impacted positively on our strategic thinking."
Paul Martin, The Lesbian and Gay Foundation