Innovation is key to companies competing in today's economic climate. Cass Innovate conference was designed for individuals who wish to develop the skills to turn ideas into action. Those who came attended a range of talks and workshops on the possibilities that enabling a creative climate can so for them or their company.
At Cass Innovate, people had thechance to hear from, learn from and interact with entrepreneurs and innovators at every stage of their journeys – from fledgling start-ups to fully fledged global giants. The conference also showcased the work of staff, students and alumni from the Masters in Innovation Creativity and Leadership and MSc in Entrepreneurship, as well as friends and colleagues from a broad range of innovative organisations.
We recommend that you attend Cass Innovate next year and learn how to hone your entrepreneurial skills and creative capabilities!
By bringing together academics, trainers and practitioners Cass Innovate explored crosscutting themes in creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership, as well as design and digital. This year’s conference exposed delegates to cutting-edge creativity research, best innovation practices, and successful entrepreneurship stories. People attended the conference to learn about new digital tools to support creative work, new agile creative processes, and how to deliver innovations in entrepreneurial projects.
Cass Innovate comprised a variety of workshops, talks and panel discussions about entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership. The day's programme included:
- Presentations from guest speakers and thought leaders
- Collaborative workshops to engage in new experiences
- Research presentations from leading academics
- Panels and showcases to explore and discuss relevant topics
- A student startup marketplace
- Opportunities to network
Our speaker line-up included:
- Sarah Wood, OBE: Co-founder & CEO of Unruly
- David Gauntlett: Professor of Creativity and Design at University of Westminster, UK
- Jeff Lynn: Co-founder & CEO of Seedrs
- Annie Krukowska: Programme Director of BBC Worldwide Labs
- Jenny Tooth: Chief Executive of UK Business Angels Association
- Neil Maiden: Professor of Digital Creativity at Cass Business School
- Inés Alonso: Interdisciplinary researcher
- Courtney Gallagher: Senior Experience Designer at Sapient
- Paul Barham: Co-Founder and Director of Flight Club
- Dee Murphy: Head of Employer Branding at Jobbio
- Rachel Mooney: HR Director for Group Corporate Functions and Group Shared Services at Vodafone Group
- Andre Spicer: Professor of Organisational Behaviour at Cass Business School
- Gary Stewart: Director of Wayra UK and Telefonica Open Future_ (UK)