MSc Careers | Cass Business School, London | Cass Careers Service
From the day you join Cass, our Careers team are readily available to support and discuss your personal career objectives. Driven to help you develop your employability skills, we take a practical approach to empower your job search with professional skills development.
Cass Careers Online
Cass Careers Online is your first port of call to book face-to-face appointments for careers advice, skills workshops and company presentations. Log in to stay up-to-date with job and internship vacancies. You can access a range of carefully selected resources such as our Cass CV template and guidance, career advice videos and company directory.
Take advantage of our team's real world experience and corporate relations. MSc students benefit from a dedicated Careers Centre and Drop-in Room, open for personal, face-to-face support and advice.
'The careers service works very hard in trying to provide us with detailed information on how to succeed in finding the right job. We have weekly information sessions and meetings with career consultants. The careers service also have a great online website where we can upload our CV and find out what jobs are out there. Once you know what job you are looking for, they will help you to brush up for an interview or assessment centre.'
Nicolas Greilsamer, from The USA/France
MSc in International Accounting & Finance
Cass Careers workshops and seminars offer an invaluable source of advice and information to compliment our Masters programmes with a range of skills that are sought after by employers. Workshops include:
CVs & applications
What you will learn to put together an outstanding CV:
- The true purpose of a CV
- Four core areas for your UK CV
- The essential do's and don'ts
- Making a CV statement with impact
- Writing a covering letter that gets results
Make sure you impress with this live exercise and familiarisation workshop which helps you:
- Understand the aims of the assessment centre
- Experience typical exercises used at assessment centres
- Get feedback on your performance
- Be as prepared as possible for the real thing
We will help you prepare and show employers your best side with this practical workshop covering:
- Understanding what an interview is
- Common types and styles of interview
- How to prepare effectively for different interview formats
- Impressing your interviewer
- Mastering your competency based interview
Job search strategies
Fulfilling your goals and reaching your potential will be much easier if you follow this workshop's tried and tested techniques, including:
- Understanding how to get started in your choice of career
- Discovering the various routes into the job market
- Developing a personal plan of action of where you want to go
Effective networking will help you make a lasting impression on the people that matter to your career. In this workshop, find out:
- What networking is
- Why networking is important
- Techniques for confident, focussed networking
- Do's and don'ts of networking
This workshop will help you use branding, your most powerful marketing tool, to manage your reputation. You will learn about:
- The concept of branding and managing your reputation
- How branding can give you the edge
- Applying branding to your job search
Careers Fair and company presentations
Our location, just minutes from the City of London and the headquarters of numerous global organisations, enables us to introduce our students to employers via individual company presentations throughout the year and a Spring recruitment agency fair.
We also hold a Careers Fair in September every year enabling you to network with companies relevant to the broad range of Masters programmes. Recent companies attending Cass include Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Citi, Legal & General and CB Richard Ellis.
Watch the MSc Careers Fair video for insight into how to impress employers:
"The ability to present, network, and work in teams are just a few of the soft skills necessary to succeed; all of which Cass Careers focused on developing through the many information sessions throughout the year."
Lucy Pittas, MSc in Banking and International Finance, HSBC